Hello again everybody and welcome to Monday. Below we have tidbits on Orcacle patches, common coding errors, steganography, Security Catalyst, risk assessments using FAIR, financial impact of cloud computing, a little humor about cloud computing, and a tool to help you with your regex adventures.
Have a great day do good!
- 41 patches coming from Oracle. Get the patch hammer ready.
Oracle to issue 41 security patches - Network World
Tags: ( vulnerability patches oracle )
- Top 25 coding errors report supposed to be released today.
Group to detail 25 most dangerous coding errors hackers exploit
Tags: ( secure programming coding errors )
- Here is free tool if you would like to play around with steganography. Steganography is defined as hiding data by embedding it in other data in such a way as to leave the original innocuous data intact.
Tags: ( tools java steganography )
- The 2009 contributors for the Security Catalyst site have been announced. It's a good mix. I look forward to seeing what they produce this year.
The Security Catalyst >> Introducing the Security Catalyst Contributors for 2009
Tags: ( general )
- Chris has setup a new scenario for trying your hand at a risk assessment using the FAIR (Factor Analysis of Information Risk) methodology. Take a stab at it. He will be posting the rest of the series this week.
Risk Scenario - Hidden Field / Sensitive Information (Part 1 of 4) - The Scenario << Risktical Ramblings
Tags: ( risk assessment fair )
- A nice post pointing out some financial dangers that need to be considered when using cloud based infrastructure.
When the Cloud Bursts - Someone Gets Wet... | CloudAve
Tags: ( cloud )
- Christofer has something you really must read. Classic.
Rational Survivability: Introducing the Next Generation of Cloud Computing...
Tags: ( cloud humor )
- A nifty tool to help you with your regex adventures.
Hat tip: @mfratto
The Regex Coach - interactive regular expressions
Tags: ( tools regex )
That's it for today. Have fun!
Subscribe to my RSS Feed if you enjoy these daily Interesting Bits posts.