Good afternoon everybody! I hope your day is going well.
Here are today's Interesting Information Security Bits from around the web.
- Amrit debunks 5 information security myths.
The Top 5 Cyber Security Myths << Amrit Williams Blog
Tags: ( general myths )
- WooHoo! Sourcefire celebrated 10 years last week.
Sourcefire Network Security - Investor Relations - Press Release
Tags: ( ids ips sourcefire )
- (via M. E. Kabay @ NetworkWorld) A list of information security maxims. Quite a hoot.
Security Maxims [Vulnerability Assessment Team (VAT)] - Nuclear Engineering Division (Argonne)
Tags: ( humor maxims )
- An exploitable DirectShow vulnerability has surface. There are some work-arounds though.
Microsoft DirectShow is Vulnerable - F-Secure Weblog : News from the Lab
Tags: ( directshow microsoft vulnerability )
- As usual, Jennifer makes a somewhat difficult topic easy to understand. This is particularly topical for me as I was just having this discussion with some folks last week.
Understand the differences in network access control solutions
Tags: ( nac )
- Richard is asking for some feedback on an Information Security Incident Rating scale he has developed. Take a peek and let him know what you think.
TaoSecurity: Information Security Incident Rating
Tags: ( breach data-leakage )
- Daniel shows us how to setup splunk as a remote syslog server.
HOWTO: Use Splunk as Your Remote Syslog Server | dmiessler.com
Tags: ( splunk syslog )
- Issue 21 is out.
Tags: ( magazine insecure )
That's it for today. Have fun!
Subscribe to my RSS Feed if you enjoy these daily Interesting Bits posts.