Going to FBI School: FBI Citizens’ Academy

by kriggins on March 16, 2010

in Announcement, FBI Citizen's Academy, General

I am really excited about a new opportunity that I can finally talk about.

No, I am not joining the FBI....yet 🙂 I have, however, been accepted to the FBI Citizens' Academy.

From the FBI Citizens' Academy site:

Want to find out first hand how the FBI works? Hear how the Bureau tracks down spies and terrorists? Learn how to collect and preserve evidence? See what it is like to fire a weapon and put yourself in the shoes of a Special Agent making a split-second, life-or-death decision?

I think this is going to be a lot of fun and give me a much greater understanding and appreciation of what the FBI does.

Here is a link to a Q&A with some folks that have attended.

I will be blogging about the experience as much as I am allowed.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Ron W March 16, 2010 at 11:29 am

Welcome to the club!
Attending the FBI CA completely changed my view of the FBI and how they work. FBI agents are extremely professional and meticulous about following processes.
What does this mean? If you think the FBI is watching you, either (A) you’re paranoid or (B) they have a reason to. They are much too busy to monitor without a reason (or court order).

Once you’re done with the class, you are part of the FBI Citizen’s Academy Alumni Association.

Steve Werby March 16, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Kevin, congratulations! I can’t wait to hear about your experience. I got word about the Citizens’ Academy via an email from the local chapter of InfraGard and was going to apply, but I had a conflict for some of the dates during the spring session. I hope you enjoy the experience.

Meg A March 16, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Congratulations! I can’t wait to hear all about it, except for the classified parts of course.

kriggins March 17, 2010 at 5:17 am

Thanks Ron, Steve and Meg.

Tyler March 17, 2010 at 5:47 am

Congrats! I took the FBI Citizens Academy as well in my area. One of the best experiences of my life. You’ll have a great time.

kriggins March 17, 2010 at 8:42 am

Thanks Tyler! I am really looking forward to it.

Roxanne Dooley March 24, 2010 at 10:57 pm

The Citizens Academy at the Omaha Bureau is one of the Best! Sandy Breault and her
team are the greatest! Learned alot about the FBI… met alot of great people…learned alot about what the FBI does. You should feel proud and safe to have such a wonderful
group of men and women who serve our community and Country the way the FBI does. I was very honored to be choosen to attend the Citizens Academy. I since have completed a 12 week course and looking forward to being a member of the Citizens Academy alumni group. Also looking forward to a few days in August visiting Quantico.

kriggins March 25, 2010 at 9:25 am

We had our first session this week. It was great and I learned a great deal I didn’t know already. I am looking forward to the rest of the sessions and will be blogging about each. I hope to get this week’s post up this weekend.