Good afternoon everybody! I hope your day is going well.
Here are today's Interesting Information Security Bits from around the web.
- NSS Labs has published their third quarter Browser Security Test.
Comparative Browser Security Testing - Phishing & Socially Engineered Malware - nsslabs.com
Tags: ( browser )
- The Call for Speakers for RSA USA 2010 has been extended a week. Deadline is now August 21st.
Call for Speakers
Tags: ( rsa cfp )
- Brian talks about hype in the information security market.
Hyper Security - fudsec.com
Tags: ( fud )
- It has been talked about quite a bit over the last year or more. Can a cloud based solution be PCI compliant? Looks like the answer to that question has been given and by one of the larger cloud providers.
Network Security Blog >> Cannot achieve PCI compliance with Amazon EC2/S3
Tags: ( pci cloud )
- This is interesting. A botnet being controlled via Twitter.
>> Twitter-based Botnet Command Channel * Security to the Core | Arbor Networks Security
Tags: ( twitter botnet )
- Is your cell phone telling tales on you? Looks like the Palm Pre might be.
Is Your Palm Pre Watching You? : Liquidmatrix Security Digest
Tags: ( surveillance )
- Dave offers up a tutorial on encrypting your data backups on the cheap.
IT Security Expert: Secure Encrypted Data Backup on a Budget Tutorial
Tags: ( backup encryption )
That's it for today. Have fun!
Subscribe to my RSS Feed if you enjoy these daily Interesting Bits posts.